Friday April 12, 2019
DROP OFF IN THE TEACHER LOUNGE BY 10:30 a.m.
Please volunteer to donate food or your time.
WE ARE CELEBRATING SPRING!
Bring your best Spring ideas! Quiche, Frittata, Salads, ham, asparagus….whatever you fancy!
Plea from Ms. La Due
We are now in our final month of rehearsals for Fiddler on the Roof Jr., and we are in dire need of help with something: there is a “cart” we need to pick up and rent from Hayward. The shop is only open weekdays from 10am-3pm, so obviously that is a difficult (impossible, unless I get a sub) time for me to pick it up. Is there anyone who has the ability to go get it for us? I’ve attached a picture so you can see the size. Thank you in advance — if I don’t find someone to get it for us, I will probably have to take a sick day in order to drive and get it myself, which is not great for me or my students!
If you can help with this, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you all of the necessary information! Thank you!
CHINA GLOBAL AMBASSADOR TRIP INFORMATION SESSION
There will be an in-person Information Session
Monday, April 15, 2019
El CERRITO HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA
540 Ashbury Ave, El Cerrito, CA
OPEN TO ALL!
The WCCUSD is pleased to offer the China Global Ambassador Program again this summer.
- The main program dates will be July 12 to 27. The program for all groups will be approximately 16 days including travel.
- The program fee per student is only $690 ($800 for applications received after May 3). Fee includes flight, lodging, food, and activities. Passport, if needed, and a China visa are additional.
- The fee for chaperones is $275 (teachers preferred).
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by May 15, 2019.
- High school & middle school students will again be able to earn 3 semester units of college credit which translates to approximately 10 high school credits.
- We will be taking at least 100 total students from District high schools and middle schools (for middle school applicants, 8th graders will be given preference). Each high school and middle school are allotted a minimum number of spaces in the program.
- We plan to take at least 20 chaperones.
- Student Ambassadors will engaged in cultural exchange activities with Chinese students at a school or university campus
- The groups will also do sightseeing to key Chinese cultural sites in the Beijing Area (Great Wall, Forbidden Palace, etc.). For the sightseeing portion of the trip, we are planning to be based in the same hotel as last year in the Beijing suburb of Langfang.
- This year, our main China location will change to the city of Anshan. We also will have a group of students/chaperones return to the same school in the city of Linfen where a group went last year.
- We will use an online application this year. PCC Education will make the final selection of applicants, but students will need the principal to sign off on them to be considered.
- While there is no firm GPA requirement, PCC will be looking to select students that have the academic and social-emotional skills necessary to represent our District well as student ambassadors.
- The online application will be available in mid-April at https://www.pccedu.org/ambassadorprogram. The application due date for priority consideration is May 3.
- Students are encouraged to fund raise to pay for the program fees. Scholarships are also available for qualified applicants based on financial need (there is also an option on the online application to donate to support scholarships).
Any questions that students or parents have about trip details should be directed to the contact email on the flyer: email@example.com.