Hello Korematsu Families,
I hope everyone had a restorative break. It was great to see our students back on campus today and we look forward to more stable days ahead with COVID seemingly on the steep decline. I am very happy to make this call and not my usual COVID call.
As we push into Spring I wanted to share a few things:
- Over the next several weeks students will begin selecting courses for next school year. The high schools will send counselors and administrators to talk about what courses students can take and assist them in choosing classes. We will also meet with current 7th grades and our incoming 6th grade students. We will send out reminders to families once those dates are firm. We just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what is coming.
- As I am sure you are aware we are still in dire need of substitutes. Our teachers are using prep time to cover classes which takes away from grading papers and designing lessons. If you have even one day a week to help please consider applying to substitute.
- Prior to the break we saw an increase of students abusing bathroom privileges. Some students were spending far too much time outside of class. Please remind your student that it is important to take advantage of all learning opportunities by limiting their time outside the classroom. We certainly don’t want to deny student bathroom trips, but please have a conversation about not using the restroom every single period as some have done.
- We also want to remind families that the daily announcements students hear during the week can be found on our website. You can find it on the Important Updates and link sidebar.
- And finally quarter 3 progress reports went home with students today.
Please remind your student to do their best every day. We want our students to be responsible, respectful, resilient and allies to each other and our adults every day.